Magic Hat Set to Host 7th Annual Heavyfest Music Festival: May 20 with Soule Monde; Hayley Jayne and the Primates; Steady Betty; Evil People; Casio Bastard
Press Release & Poster Art by Magic Hat.
South Burlington, VT – Magic Hat is gearing up for Heavyfest 7, the Vermont brewer’s annual outdoor music festival celebrating local non-profit, Big Heavy World. On Saturday, May 20th, from 1-6pm, world-class bands will clash with world-class beers in a battle for the hearts and palates of revelers from far and wide.
For a $5 donation to Big Heavy World, music and beer lovers will gain access to five fabulous hours of live music, an outdoor beer garden and a small army of local food trucks. In between sets or in between beers, Heavyfest attendees can also enjoy free brewer-led tours on the hour from 1-5pm and a live art expo with Jason Tooth.
This year’s Heavyfest lineup features 5 spectacular acts:
- Soule Monde: The jazz funk duo “your parents warned you about,” featuring Russ Lawton on drums and Russ Paczkowski on the keys.
- Hayley Jayne and the Primates: A rich, unique genre-bending blend of Americana, soul and rock & roll.
- Steady Betty: Vermont’s only 8-piece all-female rocksteady reggae band paying homage to the classic late-60s sounds of Jamaica.
- Evil People: A high energy, folky art rock band whose inspiration range from Neutral Milk Hotel to B.B. King.
- Casio Bastard: A Vermont staple fusing funk, electro and indie rock all in one.
About Big Heavy World
Big Heavy World is established to preserve the historical record of music originating in Vermont; to create economic opportunity for Vermont’s musicians and the industries vital to them; and to develop community among Vermont musicians and their patrons.